Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chef Symposium?

I got invited to go to what was called a "Chef Symposium" for Denver chef's last Friday.
Naturally, I was cynical. I didn't know anyone going in so I got there early in order to set up my own perimeter. I ended up meeting a guy from a restaurant company development division. We had heard of each other, we have a mutual chef friend so I hung out with him and his boss. Nice guys. The chef field trip was held at the Johnson and Wales campus here in Denver. Needless to say I wore my Culinary Institute of America Alumni pin on my chef coat collar.

We had some demos and spent a great deal of time talking about special requests, allergies, gluten-free celiac disease and sustainability. It was a relief to hear other chef's having the same challenges and the conversations were awesome.

It is always a blast to be around other chef's, especially strangers, who you can relate to and share info with.

What were you expecting from a chef's blog anyways?

No comments: