Friday, October 31, 2008

You Asked For It

This week I've learned that most of the people who are interested in my blog are those who want me to post recipes, so my last title probably disappointed a couple of you, oops.
The hardest thing about giving out recipes is to assume that someone else knows what you are talking about whether it is ingredients or techniques. I will do my best, but it is your job to not be too uptight about food. That is one of my goals with this blog, getting people to relax and enjoy cooking and providing for their friends and family.
One of the most important things you can do for yourself to enjoy your experience at home is to set the mood. If your goal is just to be sure everyone gets some food in their stomach, that is probably all you are going to accomplish. For instance, if you are going for a romantic mood for two, you probably are going to put on some music to help you out. The same for cooking. Some of the best kitchen crews I worked with hardly spoke at all. Everyone just grooved to the music and kicked it out, like a dance.
So relax, put on some music, something you enjoy and is fun, Van Morrison will never let you down if you can't decide.
That's a start.

1 comment:

Janet said...

We'll do our best. ;) Don't forget we want to know how to use spices correctly and what each spice is for.